We've just tagged Release Candidate 2 of Prototype 1.7, with the intent of putting out a final 1.7 release very soon.
In addition to the usual bug fixes, RC2 includes a late addition: the
Element#purge method, used to dispose of an element (remove its event handlers and storage keys) before removing it from the page.
Element#update now performs a similar cleanup process on content that will be replaced via
innerHTML. Both these additions should help keep memory usage down, especially for apps that create and destroy lots of DOM nodes.
Consult the CHANGELOG for further details.
Download, report bugs, and get help
- Download Prototype 1.7 RC2
- View the API documentation
- Check out the Prototype source code on GitHub
- Submit bug reports to Lighthouse
- Get prototype help on the mailing list or #prototype IRC channel
- Talk to the core team on the prototype-core mailing list
Thanks to the many contributors who made this release possible!